Sesame Broccoli with lime
Bored of just plain old steamed broccoli? It’s one of those veggies that screams out for a dressing! There’s nothing boring about this sesame broccoli with lime. Lime juice is combined with soy and sesame oil to make a tangy dressing. Plus you can drizzle the dressing over other veggies too, especially Asian greens or cauliflower.
1 medium sized broccoli
1 heaped tbsp of sesame seeds
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
- remove the broccoli florets and finely slice the stalk. Discard the rough end bit
- steam the broccoli until tender but don’t overcook it
- meanwhile toast the sesame seeds until golden
- fry the garlic in the coconut oil until crispy and golden but not burnt
- combine the soy sauce with the lime juice and sesame oil
- drizzle this dressing over the broccoli and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and garlic
It’s great to team up with steamed fish or left-over chicken for a main meal.