Savoury Muffins – a different breakfast to start your day.
These muffins make a great savoury start to the day. You’ll love them. With eggs, cheese, bacon, carrot and basil they pack a nutritious kick. But I have to say, they’re also great for a mid-morning snack or to prevent the mid-arvo slump.
So easy to make and gluten-free too.
- 120g grated carrot
- handful of chopped basil
- 70g grated parmesan cheese
- 120g gluten free plain flour
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 70g butter melted
- 2 free-range eggs beaten
- 120ml of full-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp of bicarb of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- preheat the oven to 180c
- combine the cheese, carrot, basil and flour
- combine the eggs, garlic, butter, milk, bicarb and baking powder until frothy
- fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture until just combined
- pour into muffin cases
- bake for 20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean