Gotta love Kale Chips; simply a crunchy way to eat more greens without fuss.
Maybe you’ve tried to feed the kids steamed kale but it gets left on their plate; or in smoothies but they found its taste too overpowering or they don’t care for the chewy bits that don’t succumb to blending. Well, here is a fantastic way to get them to eat their greens that will have them wanting more!
The great thing is that you can add different ingredients to suit their taste-buds. In this simple recipe, I’ve just got a bit of salt and Parmesan cheese; you might like to add in some paprika and chilli for a bit of a kick or dried herbs for a more Mediterranean touch.
- 250g of kale, removed from the stems and washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch of Himalyan Rock salt
- preheat the oven to 160C
- cut the kale into pieces about the size of regular corn chips
- combine the oil, cheese and salt in a large bowl
- add the kale and rub in the mixture well
- place on baking paper on a tray in the middle of the preheated oven
- bake for 20 minutes or so turning them over half-way through
- check to see if they are crisp and allow to cool on a wire-rack